6/24/14

Do You Read Lables?


Do you know what is in the food you buy at the store? 

Do you take time to read labels?

How many times have you put a food item back on the shelf because there was too much fat in said food item?  Do you know where your source of fat is coming from?

What about sugar?  Do you know that most fat free products have added sugar in them?  Something needs to be added to make it taste good!

Regardless of what your own rules are for foods and what you do and don’t eat, it is important to know WHAT makes up your food.  When I was shopping for canned tomatoes I picked up four different cans before I found one that didn’t have sugar or high fructose corn syrup listed as an ingredient on the label.  There was still a number listed for sugar but at least I was confident I was consuming natural sugars and not added sugars.

I highly encourage each of you learn more about nutrition and start reading the labels at the supermarket.  Don’t automatically count out a food that is high in PPVs.  It could be a food that is good for you.  Cutting out proper nutrition just to shave calories isn’t going to do you justice in the long run.

Educate yourself.

No comments: