6/16/14

It Sounded Good And I Wanted To So I Ate It


I posted a photo of the Thursday page in my WW Tracker on the FB page I have set up for my WW Buddies.  I also sent it to Dawny in a text message.

In her response said it wasn’t like me to eat so many PPVs in ice cream and questioned if everything was okay.

My response: It sounded good and I wanted to so I ate it.

Thursday was a long day for me.  It was a day off and I was rotating from day shift to night shift (i.e. trying to stay up all night but not being very successful).  I also had to meet with my family in Murphy for some reunion planning.  I planned ahead and packed a snack.  When it came time for me to think about getting my snack from the car we were offered some whole wheat banana muffins with walnut.  I enjoyed one with some butter.  YUM!

Once I left Murphy I debated eating my packed snack and going home for dinner.  I didn’t need to be spending money and I was planning to attend a late night movie.  I knew I had some reward-money on my Costa Vida card so the cost to eat out would be minimal.  I decided to for-go my packed snack and have Costa Vida once I drove back to down.

On my way home from Costa Vida frozen yogurt sounded good.  I knew I had already used the rest of my DPA and because I was trying to stay up all night I would have to eat again at some point.  I had a filled punch card at Aspen Leaf so it wouldn’t have cost me anything.  I debated it as I drove towards home.  I was just killing time so I could drive the extra distance to frozen yogurt.  I finally decided against it.  I didn’t need to spend the extra WPPA and I wasn’t 100% sure I wouldn’t be having popcorn at the movie later.

Patting myself on the back for not having frozen yogurt I also skipped the movie popcorn.  It is easier to skip when it isn’t being freshly popped and you don’t have to smell it when you enter through the doors.  I also was chewing my strong peppermint gum, which helps deter extra snacking.  The strong peppermint taste isn’t good with anything else, including water!

I left the movie theater at 1am and headed to Walmart to do my grocery shopping.  I had done a rough meal plan for the week and needed a few items.  I walked by an end stand in the frozen section and saw Ben & Jerry’s ice cream on display.  Suddenly I had the urge to buy some B&J and eat it on my way home.  I NEVER do anything like this.  I don’t know what came over me but as I said to Dawny, it sounded good and I wanted to so I did.  I led my cart down the ice cream isle so I could look at the full section of B&J ice cream pints I could choose from.  I guess this is where you could say my act was pre-meditated because I thought about the consequences and yet I still selected a pint of B&J’s and placed it in my cart. 


I even went as far as to do this BEFORE I did my other shopping so it would be soft enough to eat on the car ride home.  (I had a spoon in the car because my packed snack was yogurt and strawberries).

Boy was it delicious…all 19 points worth!

The funny thing is on my way home I was thinking, “I bet this little carton has 13 servings.”  I was relieved to see there were actually only four servings.  But I still figured I ate half the carton in the short car ride home.

I used a good amount of my WPPAs on Thursday.  Was it worth it?  Absolutely!  Should I be doing this once a week?  Nope but I won’t rule it out sometime in the distant future.

No comments: