6/10/14

Ladies' Garden Party


My friend Lisa hosted a Ladies’ Garden Party on Sunday afternoon.

What is a Ladies’ Garden Party you ask?  Well I wasn’t sure either.  In my mind it was going to be a bunch of women sitting outside in sun hats and dresses eating tiny sandwiches.  As it turns out that is exactly what it is except none of us wore hats.

Lisa has such an eye for detail and loves to entertain so a Garden Party was just the right idea. 








What would a get-together be without food and drinks?  I enjoyed some wine while we mingled and then switched over to some lemonade mixed with a little sparkling wine. 

Lisa had a great spread.  I had half a chicken salad sandwich, which I ended up just eating the inside bits, half a deviled egg, strawberries, some sort of egg roll, and some chips and crackers. 


I went back for some salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing when I spotted that had come out.


I had a sample of two kinds of dessert.  There was a homemade strawberry, rhubarb, and blackberry rustic pie and also some strawberry filled shortcakes.


No comments: