6/22/14

Farmers Market, IKEA, And The Coach Outlet...Oh My

Yesterday's Salt Lake City adventures took us back to Downtown SLC, then Lehi, and Draper.


Breakfast at the hotel is served starting at 7am. Rebecca and I were down there shortly after seven. We found the breakfast area crowded with an Asian tour group and most of the food gone. Sigh. We ended up having to eat in the lobby! Oatmeal and peanut butter for me.

We headed to the downtown SLC Farmer's Market. It is about the size of the market in Boise but more spaced out. It didn't seem as busy though. I bought a new hat that will be perfect for travel!
Our next stop was the Traverse Outlet Mall in Lehi. There are two in the UT area and you bet both are on my radar. Why?
I have corrupted Rebecca. She is now the owner of a new coach purse, her first one. She couldn't believe the deal she got! Rebecca, you need to hang out with me more often. (Edited to add that she ended up returning it. She didn't need a new purse. I tried.)
We ate lunch at an Italian place at the outlet mall. This pizza was amazing!
IKEA wasalso on the top on our list of UT attractions. Yes, I said attractions. IKEA is amazing! It is like a museum and they should charge admission. Oh wait, they collect money from you when you leave! "I'll take one of everything please." Don't I wish! We did enjoy ourselves and we left some of our money in Draper, UT. We will be back.
By the time we shopped until we dropped, we were STARVING. We headed back to the City Creek Mall to eat at Blue Lemon. We saw this place on Friday and knew we wanted to eat there. We both had salads. This pear Gorgonzola salad was amazing. Then, I didn't feel well a short time later. Whomp! Whomp!
One final stop at the Gateway Mall to log a few more steps. My FitBit on Friday showed we walked 11,000 steps. On Saturday we walked 22,000 steps. Should we try for 33,000 steps? Ummmm...not sure about that one.

One more day of fun on the agenda.

No comments: