6/1/14

LePeep

Kenyon and I tried a new-to-me restaurant for breakfast last week called LePeep.  It just opened near our house and it is so close we can walk to breakfast on future visits.  I am excited to try more of the menu so we will be back.

LePeep is a small restaurant that offers breakfast, brunch, and lunch.  Our LePeep is only open until 2pm.  I asked the waitress to see the lunch menu and I was not as impressed.  I think we will stick to breakfast as there is a lot of variety.  The prices were okay but felt a little bit on the higher side.  We go to Cracker Barrel a lot and I feel that Cracker Barrel gives you more food for your money.  However, LePeep is modestly priced as other breakfast restaurants in the area.

It was a really tough decision on what to have.  Before I left home to meet Kenyon I considered getting pancakes but then I like to bring my own peanut butter or sunflower butter with me.  Often you can't get peanut butter at restaurants.  Since I wasn’t quite in a pancake mood and the price for a meal plus pancakes was almost $10, I skipped the pancakes this time.  I need a little more hold over than just pancakes at breakfast.

I went for the traditional breakfast meal and subbed a bagel and cream cheese for the English muffin.  LePeep allows you to sub any meat for meat and any bread for bread.  I heard the waitress say the English muffin was honey whole wheat but the bagel still sounded better despite being a white bagel.

My meal was served with choice of meat, which I picked turkey sausage, and their Peasant Potatoes.  The potatoes were nicely seasoned.  I had two eggs over-medium but they were actually cooked more than that with no gooey center like I enjoy.


When I go out for breakfast my usual system is to eat one egg and then cut around the other yoke and eat one egg white.  I will often give some of my breakfast meat to Kenyon and maybe not eat all the potatoes.  It just depends on what my day is like and how many PPVs I want to spend.  Oh and if it is tasty!  Breakfast this morning was not planned to eat out so I went for half of everything and took the rest home.  Since I had the bagel and cream cheese I didn’t need to eat all my potatoes.


I ate on the turkey sausages two more times with my breakfast at home and ate the other half of my bagel one day.

Now that Kenyon is working the graveyard shift and I will be rotating in a few weeks you will see more breakfast restaurant meals.  We enjoy meeting up for a bite to eat after our shift.  Usually we meet at Cracker Barrel but I think LePeep will be added into the mix.  I really wanted to try the yogurt and granola and they have an item called “Gooey Buns: An English muffin broiled with brown sugar, cinnamon, and almonds.  Served with cream cheese and ‘Mom’s’ Sassy Apples” that sounds really yummy.  They also have a “Breakfast Banana Split: bananas, strawberries, granola, and vanilla” that sounds good too. 

No comments: