6/23/14

Park City And Olympic Pak

It was another fun-filled day in Utah yesterday and our last day of vacation. We woke up early and decided to "seize the day." Boy am I glad we did. This hotel has some major foot traffic when it comes to the breakfast area. It filled up fast but thankfully we snagged a table. I forgot to take a photo but I had half a bagel with peanut butter, some eggs, and a sausage patty. Oh and honeydew on the side. Yum.

We headed to Park City for the day. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful drive. It almost felt like you were in a totally different state. Since we had been spending so much time in downtown SLC, Park City felt so different. We rolled into town early so we killed some time at Whole Foods.
The tourist office got us all squared away and we started with visiting the Farmer's Market. I bought a pretty bracelet. It fit my wrist perfect so it needed to come home with me.

Lunch included redeeming a Groupon at Blue Iguana. We both had chicken tacos with black beans. I deconstructed mine and ate it with chips as a salad. It was really good. We had fallen into the habit of snacking so something substantial was nice.

Our main reason for trip to Park City was to visit Olympic Park. (Okay my main reason might have been to visit another Coach Outlet but Olympic Park was fun too). Olympic Park is where the 2002 Olympics were held. It was so neat being where history was made.

We bought tickets for the Flying Aces show. The Flying Aces are ski jumpers that put on a show by jumping off the ski runs into the water. It was awesome!

We also bought tickets for the Extreme Zipline and the Alpine Slide. You get to both of these attractions by riding the freestyle chair lift. One of the reasons I don't ski is because I'm afraid of the chair lift. Not having skis on doesn't make it easier. But we survived. That was the motto of the day, "we survived!"

The Extreme Zipline is a harness seat strapped to cable lines that send you down the mountain at a high rate of speed. It was a rush for sure.

The Alpine Slide was sort of like a mini-bobsled. You had control over speed and breaking and followed a track. It was really fun. We were super scared though after reading the danger warnings. Rebecca had to urge me to go. I am glad I did.

After a quick stop at the second Coach outlet of the weekend, we headed back to the room to pretty up for dinner. One bummer to Utah is that most stuff is closed on Sunday. We wanted BBQ for dinner but didn't have much luck. We went back to Spitz to share a wrap. They looked mighty delicious and it was. We went for the traditional beef and lamb Doner wrap. We also had more of the yummy fried chickpeas on the side. They are addictive!

We took dessert to-go and headed back to the room. All good vacations should end with dessert! We got a piece of cheesecake from The Copper Onion. Sorry, no photo. But I enjoyed relaxing in the room with some wine.

Westward we go.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I've really wanted to try the baked chickpeas people post about and you are making me want to do it more!! Also, I've always wanted to go to Olympic park!! (Also, this is Katie. I started a blog so my identity is new haha)