6/26/14

Missing: Weekly Weigh-Ins

You might have noticed I've not been posting about my weight the last few weeks. It isn't because I'm trying to hide anything.

I'm still over goal. Nothing there has changed.

I have not been to a WW meeting in a few weeks. Don't worry, I'm not quitting or anything. I struggle more when I am on graveyard shift and not able to attend my usual (and favorite) Tuesday meeting. My back-up plan was to hit the Wednesday or Thursday evening meeting. So far I have either planned a get-together with a friend or worked overtime. I know my meeting should take priority. If it was my usual Tuesday morning meeting I would't be skipping it. However, it is difficult to find the desire to go right now.

I've debated just going at it without meetings but I'm not sure that is the best idea. I know I need my meetings for accountability and I know I need my meetings to help me stay focused.

I also know burying my head in the sand isn't the best idea either.


I didn't really want to know how bad the vacation damage was so I avoided the scale when I got home from SLC. Not tracking before and during vacation has led to not tracking after vacation. It is a slippery slope. I got on the scale today and I am 185. The damage was minimal as I was 184.6 before I left town. I'm glad I got on the scale and faced the number.

The scale number isn't the whole picture, this we know. I couldn't help but reflect during my time in SLC at Olympic Park. If I had not lost the weight I'm not sure I would have wanted to ride the Alpine Slide or Extreme Zipline. I'm not sure I would have been able to walk down, and then back up the hill, to get to the chair lift. Focusing on these pesky 10 pounds will keep it at just 10 pounds. I need to not forget how far I have come but I also need to stay focused on getting back to goal.

No comments: