6/4/14

More Good Eats

Breakfast

I started my week off with an apple pancake.  It was just as good as I remember as I’ve not had one in a while.  Smear of sunflower butter make it all better.

My breakfast spread at LePeep.

I mostly stuck to eggs this week for breakfast.  Not sure if I just wasn’t feeling oatmeal or what but they just sounded good.  The first round of eggs was scrambled with left over LePeep turkey sausage and peppers.  I had the other half of my bagel with Laughing Cow cream cheese.  Yes, that is ketchup on top.

The remainder of my week was eggs, potatoes, peppers and some sort of sausage topped with eggs.  I bought a watermelon early in the week at Costco so I ate a lot of watermelon this week.

Lunch

Since I was meeting Mark for dinner at Costa Vida, I had dinner for lunch at home.  I cooked some chicken in the crockpot to shred for meals down the road.  I had a serving of chicken with some corn-off-the-cob, left over green beans, and steamed broccoli.  This held me over until dinner after our hike.

I ate more of the all veggie salads again this week.  Sometimes they had a protein and sometimes they had beans.  I really like mixing olive oil with my salad dressing.  I think I might take a break from all veggie salads this week.  We will see.



I went rooting around in the freeze for some food we had on hand and found some chicken patties.  I had one for lunch with a lettuce wrap.  Served with Sun Chips and carrots and dip on the side.

The rest of my lunch was mostly leftovers from dinner.


Dinner

Costa Vida Sweet Pork Salad

I cooked up a storm at the start of my week and enjoyed the leftovers all week long.  It has been great.  I have been using Mix and Match Momma’s blog for ideas.  I love her Monday Meal Planning ideas.  It was super helpful this week.

I made Sausages and Shells

Soy Sauce Chicken Tostadas that were made with Trader Joe’s white corn tostadas.  I’m used to having the thin tortilla and I really liked how thick and tasty these were.


And a calzone, which I stuffed too full and thus became a pizza instead.  I can’t wait to have this again.  The whole wheat pizza crust at Trader Joe’s is very good.

I also made another yummy recipe that was a repeat from a week or so ago.  Cheesy Chicken Enchilada Quinoa Muffins, which are really good as leftovers.  It gives the flavors time to combine.


My food all packaged up for easy-go during the week.

Extras

I had frozen yogurt twice last week.


I was able to convince Kenyon to have dessert out again. I love this apple dumpling dessert from Cracker Barrel. I asked for the no-sugar-added ice cream on top. It is sort of like ordering a cheeseburger and a diet coke but it got the job done!

No comments: