6/18/14

Vacationing Without The Husband

I am so very lucky to have a husband that enjoys traveling as much as I do.  I am also very lucky to have a husband that puts up with me and the photos I make him take while on said travel.






While I really enjoy traveling with Kenyon it is a very different experience vacationing with friends.  I was lucky to have a girl’s weekend with Danielle in Vegas and recently with Dawny in Spokane.  This weekend I have plans to go to Salt Lake City with Rebecca.  I am looking forward to it.

The biggest difference when I vacation without Kenyon is my alcohol consumption is much greater. 




Kenyon doesn’t drink and I drink socially.  Having a weekend away with my friends is just like meeting them for happy hour in town.  I enjoy drinking alcohol and I enjoy the social setting that alcohol is often consumed.  Danielle and I sat in the bar area and people watched at The Luxor while we had a drink.   While Dawny and I were in a less social setting it was a nice refreshing drink at the end of a long day walking around downtown Spokane. 

Kenyon likes to explore new cities on foot and we do plenty of walking when we travel.  However, we don’t often take the stairs.  When I was staying at the hotel in Spokane our room was on the third floor.  Dawny and I only took the elevator once, when I was hauling my luggage, including the small cooler on wheels.  The rest of our weekend we took the stairs.  It wasn’t until Kenyon arrived on that Sunday that I realized my new routine had developed and I headed to the stairs instead of the elevator. 

I am my own worst enemy when I am on vacation.  I can talk myself into having a dessert at all three meals in a day.  I just love the freedom and the variety that comes with travel.  When I travel with a friend it can sometimes help keep me on track.  I am just as “bad” as the next person though and I can talk myself into anything if my friend wants it!  Danielle and I did plenty of splurging in Vegas. 






 Dawny and I also enjoyed some splurges.  Overall my Spokane trip was a really great success in that having another WW member with me 24/7 made me think about my food choices.







I don’t usually count PPVs on vacation but having Dawny ask “how many PPVs would you count for that” helped me stay on track.  I really appreciated that.

Vacationing with friends makes me miss my husband even more.  Kenyon and I are very much still in our honeymoon phase.  We enjoy our time together and we always look forward to our days off and our time together when we travel.  When I am vacationing with my friends I really miss my Kenyon.  It was really fun to pick him up at the airport in Spokane. 

We have a lot of travel on the agenda in the next few years.  I can’t wait!



No comments: