6/25/14

Two Times The Activity


I had my activity post all ready to go before I left town. Instead of sharing that with you all I shared my vacation instead (it is more entertaining). So this week you get twice the activity in one post. Wow....lucky you!

My Activity Two Weeks Ago:

I ramped up my APs but I was still a bit low on my usual mileage total.  Hey, that is still progress!  FitBit totals 47,121 steps and 21.47 miles.  I earned 18 APs last week.


Wednesday: Mowed lawn and mile walk
I started my week off easy.  Even though I needed to ramp it up the energy was just not there


Thursday: 2 mile walk outside at 18 min/mile pace
I headed outside for a walk today.


Friday: 4 mile walk outside at 15 min/mile pace
Another walk outside but today I actually pushed my speed and mileage.  It felt good to get back to it and even though I have been in a funk it is still nice to know I can still walk a decent distance/pace.




Saturday: 3 mile WATP DVD and arm workout
I sweated at home with an exercise DVD and lifted some weights.  I had found out due to our TiVo shuffling the DVD players in both rooms were not hooked up.  I didn’t want to skip my workout but a walk outside again didn’t sound appealing.  I called my tech support (aka Kenyon) and he walked me through hooking up the DVD player again. 





Sunday: Unplanned rest day
I had not planned to take a rest day until Tuesday.  However, working graveyards this week has wreaked havoc on my sleep schedule.   I woke up for a few hours in the afternoon and didn’t have the energy to exercise.  I re-set my alarm for 6pm and decided if I woke up earlier I would exercise; if not then I would skip it.  I woke up at 5:55pm.  I guess that was my answer.


Monday: 2 mile walk on the treadmill
I again was awake earlier than I needed to be.  I didn’t want to skip my workout two days in a row.  I did a quick easy two miles on the treadmill before I took a nap. 




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since I was on vacation my FitBit totals for this last week were quite nice. Obviously I realize having a job where I sit for 10 hours a day really impacts my ability to get up and move during the day. It also makes me realize that my exercise is important and I need to not push it off. I also need to ramp it up. I've not quite developed a game plan for this coming week. Ramping up the APs is on the list!

FitBit totals: 89,962 steps and 39.09 miles. I love seeing those miles rack up!

Wednesday: Bowling with my nieces and then a hike to Table Rock with Mark. Plus some walking downtown

I had my nieces for a few hours in the afternoon. We went bowling. 





Then I met Mark for another hike up Table Rock (it didn't get get much easier) and then we walked downtown to dinner at Costa Vida. It is funny because I was telling him that we weren't going to eat our calorie burn this time and then he suggested Costa Vida. I just can't resist! I actually had double the Costa Vida last week since I also me my Mom for lunch on Thursday.


Thursday: Swimming with my nieces

I took my nieces to the Y for some swimming fun. Emma, who is three years old, was super scared this time and wouldn't let go of me. I lugged around an extra 40 pounds or so in the water. We like to play in the lazy river area so mostly it was walking around in the water. I counted this as my workout.


Friday: Shopping and walking in SLC

I didn't quite have enough time to finish rounding up for our trip and get in some formal activity. I thought about walking to LePeep to meet Kenyon for our breakfast date but just didn't have time. Luckily Rebecca and I got in a lot of walking and logged 11,000 steps by the time the day had ended.


Saturday: Lots of walking around SLC and lots of shopping

More walking and shopping. We actually logged 22,000 steps today. We were exhausted. It is sort of fun see at the end of the day you have walked almost 10 miles but it didn't feel like it does when you enter a race and walk that many miles. Our day was packed!





Sunday: Walking around Park City

Since we hit up two Farmer's Market in two days we were able to get in lots of steps. We logged about 13,000 steps today.



Monday: No Activity

Our early drive home meant no formal activity today. My calves were super sore from the day before (hills, hills, hills at Olympic Park) and we both were looking forward to the rest. We did make about six trips up/down the stairs at the hotel when loading all our shopping into the car!


Tuesday: Mowed the lawn


I didn't get a chance to mow lawn before I left town. The Amazon needed to be cut back.

No comments: