8/18/14

Active Weekend Of Fun

Good Morning!! I am back on day shift and this rotation has weekends off. I feel so much more energized!! I am headed to a two week supervisor training and I'm looking forward to the course material. Incase you are wondering, I have no interest in being a supervisor. I have never wanted to be supervisor as I am not very good with putting up with other people's crap. I have the opportunity to take this training and after completion I get a 30 cent raise. Hey, can't complain.

I hope your Monday is off to a great start. Let's recap the weekend.

Friday night I had a ride-a-long with one of our troopers. Working my shift from the passenger seat of a patrol car is just another day on the job, no big deal.



We spent 2.5 hours at the Western Idaho Fair at the Operation Lifesaver booth. We logged some PR time (personal relations), talked about safety around trains, gave out coloring books, and answered other odd and random police/law questions. My Friday night ride was a lot of fun despite not taking anybody to jail.







I got home around 3am on Saturday morning and since I needed start my rotation to day shift I woke up at 8:30am. I had plans to meet my friend Mark downtown at the Farmer's Market. Every trip to the market should start with Flying M coffee. We also shared a scone. I don't remember what all was in it but it was hearty and delicious.


I found these hilarious cards at Flying M. I was laughing like a crazy person.









Mark enticed me with the promise of corn chips and we walked to Qdoba for lunch. I also had plans to meet my sister Katie and her girls for Hailey's cheerleader jamboree. I missed seeing her on the “blue turf” at the BSU stadium since each team only plays for about 10 minutes.






The rest of Saturday was pretty low key. I logged a good amount of steps, which was my planned activity for the day. I love when activity doesn't feel like work.



Sunday didn't start out with the early morning walk as I had hoped. When switching from graveyard to day shift I am often awake at odd times during the night and I don't sleep for long stretches of time. I ended up waking up for the second time at 11am. Whoops. Sure puts a kink in your day. I had plans to hit up the mall and Costco and later we were going to take in the fair. I decided to for-go formal exercise again in hopes of lots of walking. It was another successful day of lots of steps.  I was again successful.



I'm on the hunt for a new crockpot. Last year I dropped my big one and broke some of the inner pot. Instead of replacing just that piece I want a new one with better programing options. I went to the mall to check the local stores for options even though I have found one I like on Amazon. I didn't find the crockpot I wanted but I came home with a convectional oven. Whoops.



We have actually been toying with the idea of getting one and this beauty was just $50 with tax at Macy's. The original price was $139. I used it this morning to toast my panckae and so far so good. I need to plan to use the baking feature soon.

I walked a lap on both the top and bottom levels of the mall and then headed to Costco where I walked the outer permitter as I shopped. Gotta get those steps in. When Kenyon woke up later in the day we went to the fair for a few hours. Kenyon had his eye on elephant ears, fry bread, and a corn dog. I got some croquetas and had a few tastes of his food. We walked around taking in the sights. Sometimes people watching is the best part of the fair.





We saw some of the coolest venus fly traps. There was also some really fun little tiny gnome communities that people had entered into the fair for competition.












Much more Saturday and Sunday fun to be had in the coming weeks. I'm going to enjoy having weekends off.

No comments: