8/21/14

Workin' 9 to 5

I am at a training for the rest of this week and next that is called ISP Supervisor Academy.  Training is from 8am-4pm and I feel like there is not enough hours in the day to do it all!

I was never a very good school student and I've always known going back to school while having a full time job and a rewarding life would be difficult. I find I am exhausted and not very motivated to do the required reading and spend the time studying. I have not been sleeping well through the night either so that makes exhaustion ten times worse.

Yesterday I felt especially drained after training. I like our instructor. He is funny and knows when to insert interesting stuff (mostly funny clips and comics) into the presentation to keep it moving and not feel dull. However, he isn't very good at staying on track and each day we are behind schedule. It also feels at times you are listening to stuff that isn't relevant to what we will be tested on. I have MAJOR test anxiety and he keeps telling us "not to sweat the test."  Maybe I should take his advise and relax a bit?

I am also trying to wake up at 5am to get in a workout before the day starts. Since I've not been sleeping well I skipped my workout yesterday morning. I needed to do some house cleaning for my annual Hawaiian party this Saturday so that was my exercise.  I've been packing my lunch which has not been very creative.  Due to the lack of extra time for snacking and the short sessions in class I find I am doing okay with just breakfast and lunch.  I have some granola bars on hand and am usually ready for something to tide me over when I get home from training.  It is a bit easier to manage my PPV when I'm not filling as many hours with food.

I didn't have any actual scheduled blogs ready to post so I am sorry this one is quite drab. I'll try to get something more exciting lined up for you in the days to come (when I find the time). I always thought I wanted a 9am-5pm job but I really do miss the extra downtime I seem to have at my regular job and the access to a computer all day. I think I am more productive having computer access than I am sitting in a classroom watching a Powerpoint slide and complaining about my supervisor.


With that...I better get to studying!

No comments: