8/7/14

I Will...


At a recent WW meeting, the leader told us about her reflection among her old WW materials from 2009.  The leader, who is now at her goal weight, was sharing how she found a paper she had filled out at one of the meetings.  It was an “I Want” statement asking you to write down what outcome you want in regard to weight.  She changed the “I Want” to “I Will” and said she will be at her goal weight where she will be healthy and active.  And she is!  She handed out some papers with “I Will” statements and told us to fill out our weight-related outcome.

Write down a one-sentence description of a weight-related outcome that you want to achieve:

I will...

....continue to keep off MOST of the weight that I worked so hard to lose.

I added the word most because I am not as confident as I once was that I can get this extra weight off again.  I would like to and I plan to keep trying.

Bottom line: it’s exhausting.

It takes a lot of work to be thinking about food and activity all the time.  It takes a lot of work to drum up the motivation to exercise.  Weight loss and maintenance just take work.  And that works is super important!  I don’t plan to let it go to the wayside.  I just get really tired and burnt out sometimes.

I want to be back at goal.  I want my pants to fit better.  I want to be back where I was when maintenance felt so easy.  I remember how much work that took.  I need to continue to search for the middle ground, a place where I can be happy and healthy.  I worked very hard to lose the weight and I don’t plan to gain it back.  Some weight gain might be inevitable.

I am closing in on a year over my goal weight.  My confidence on getting these 10 pounds off isn’t there anymore.

1 comment:

Dawny said...

I needed to read this.. thank you for sharing such wonderful insides to your head =-)

your awesome