8/11/14

What I Ate Today (Saturday)


I had good intentions to share my meals with you this week.  It is amazing how quickly I forgot to take photos once I’m not as focused on it!  Even thought I know I wanted to share my Saturday food with you, I forgot to snap a photo of my first meal at work.  I need to get in the habit of taking a photo when I pack up for work.

Needless to say, here is what I ate Saturday.

Operation Clean Eating is in full stride.  Saturday was a really low veggie day compared to Thursday and Friday.  I am kind of in “wing-it mode” with my food and trying to make do with what we have at home.  I did visit Rosauers for the 13-hour produce sale.


So the 4+ pounds of grapes I bought on Thursday haven’t lasted long.  I can’t quit eating them!

Breakfast

It won’t surprise you to learn I had oatmeal for breakfast.  I did shake things up, slightly, the first few days of my week.  But the good ‘ol standby is back.  I was thinking I might try adding butterscotch chips and pecans to my oats as I saw recommended on Mix and Match Momma’s blog.  I decided I had better not.  It was twice the sugar and less than half the protein than my usual addition of peanut butter.  I did have six butterscotch chips while I debated and that seemed to settle the craving.  I added pecans though, 3 PPV worth, so this did up the total PPVs of my oatmeal.



Lunch

I forgot to take a photo of lunch but it was good.  I had a chicken taco salad.  Bagged lettuce with 120 grams pinto beans, 3 oz shredded chicken, taco seasoning, and green chile salsa.  I mixed 33 grams light sour cream with regular salsa for my dressing.

Breakfast For Dinner

I had to get creative for my next meal.  I had pita pockets on hand and thought making an scrambled egg breakfast sandwich sounded good.  I was super low on veggies today so I sautéed some spinach and two cut up chicken breakfast sausages in some olive oil before adding one egg and one egg white.  I spread a Laughing Cow garden vegetable cream cheese (does that count as a veggie??) inside the pita pocket before stuffing my egg mixture inside.  It shouldn’t surprise you that I had some grapes on the side.  I think I might have a fruit problem.


Early Morning

Since I have been eating a lot of fruit this week I mixed my 6 oz non-fat Greek yogurt with lemon curd and huckleberry jam.  I realized I’m not reducing my sugar this way and adding some PPVs but I enjoyed this mix.


Kenyon sent me a text when we both got off work asking if I wanted to meet for breakfast.  Since I had recently had my yogurt I wasn’t hungry.  However, I considered a cinnamon roll or a muffin.  The usual internal debate started on want vs. need.  Since I am working this week to use my APs before my WPPAs, I would have had to use WPPAs for eating part of a sweet treat.  I decided I had better stick to coffee.  My day was really low on veggies and veggies didn’t sound good.  I didn’t really need a sweet treat.  I also didn’t feel deprived.



No comments: