9/14/14

Open House Weekend In Silver City

Good Morning! This weekend is the annual Open House in Silver City. Our cabin isn't in the Open House this year but Kenyon, Danielle, and I drove up for the day and toured the open cabins/buildings. I asked Dad if he would make us sourdough panckaes and we headed towards the mountains early in the morning. You never know what you will find on the Silver City road.


Breakfast in Silver City wouldn't be complete without sourdough pancakes and mimosas. I think I was hungry because I cleaned my plate before I remembered to take a photo. Whoops. I remembered a photo after I'd eaten my second half of a pancake. It hit the spot!





Don't worry, there was also some balance thrown into the indulgent morning.




Dad's birthday is today and he celebrated yesterday by filling his flask with whiskey before going downtown to the ticket sale booth. We had a little bit of fun posing for photos (which I actually tried the whiskey). Yuck!







I have such great memories of Silver City and enjoyed my trip down memory lane. We walked around and visited with friends and family. It was a great day.































We used to play in this as kids.  It is a lot harder get in/out of it as an adult





I had a baby shower to attend at 3pm and while I was more than fashionably late the party was still hopping. I visited with the mother-to-be and also with a new-mother of twins whom I also know. Her little ones are just two weeks old and I was able to see some photo. So cute. I can't wait until my friend has her daughter due in November.










No comments: