9/25/14

No Scale This Week


I was able to attend my Tuesday morning WW meeting with my favorite group of members and one of my favorite leaders.  I’ll tell ya, it was so good for my soul.  I really enjoy the Monday and Tuesday WW meetings.  It was wonderful to see Donna and visit with her a bit on what has been going on and how I have been feeling.  I also loved hearing all the comments from meeting members; “we missed you” ; “good to see you”; and “I’ve been thinking about you."  It always feels like coming home when I can attend my Tuesday meeting.  I still have a few weeks until I will be back there permanently. 

I didn’t step on the scale this week.  I am feeling pretty low about my weight gain and I don’t feel I need to be reminded by stepping on the scale and seeing the ugly number.  I know this might not be the best way of thinking but it was the decision I made.  While I have good days and bad days, my self-talk has not been very kind. 

I know I need to make changes.  I was telling Donna it feels as though that drive I once had for exercise and healthy eating is gone.  I don’t go overboard every day but I do eat more than necessary and I eat foods that don’t fuel my body.  My thinking needs some adjusting and my resistance muscle needs to be strengthened.  In a weird way it feels like I’m trying to push the boundaries to see how far I can go.  I don’t know why.  Am I waiting for somebody to say, “slow down on the weight gain?”  Am I waiting for somebody to mention that it looks like I’ve put on some weight?  How would I even react to honest and caring concern?

I’m sorry this blog has taken a bit of a turn in the health and fitness topics.  I’m trying to work my way through all this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't mind my honesty in saying this. I am 70 lbs. overweight. I've lost and gained over the years because I never made Weight Watchers a lifestyle. It seems like now that you are in maintenance, you aren't either. I've been told by successful maintainers that what you do in maintenance is EXACTLY the same as what you do in weight loss. In other words, the only difference is that you just have a few more points to count in maintenance.

This time around, I realize I'll have to stay on Weight Watchers the rest of my life, because if I stray, I'll just get fat again.

I hope you don't mind me saying all this. It's just one more lesson I've learned. In other words, I'll be counting points until I die. And there are worse things in life. Like staying fat and losing my health.