9/21/14

FitOne 10K And A Pizza Party

Saturday I walked a lot of steps! I knew this weekend was going to be plentiful in earning steps for my Mt. Everest Challenge. I need a friend in town all the time!


We woke up bright and early for the FitOne 10K. FitOne is a local race put on by the St. Lukes Foundation to raise money for the hospital. For the past several years this race was the Women's Fitness Celebration 5K which was open to only women and children. It was only a 5K distance with men waiting in tuxedos (tuxedo row) to cheer you on at the finish line. The race morphed into FitOne and included men as well as adding a 10K and half marathon distance. I heard next year they are thinking of adding a full marathon distance. All I can say is they better get the kinks worked out before they attempt anything else. While we really enjoyed our race it just wasn't as well organized as the Women's Fitness Celebration was all those years ago.

Hopefully they will work to make some improvements. I do think I would do this race again. After all, every 10K and half marathon finisher got a metal and let's be honest, exercise is fun but getting bling is AWESOME!



The starting line was at the downtown Capitol. I actually really like that we started off at different times so we weren't all one big mass like the old 5K used to be. Plus, the 10K started before the 5K so we weren't as mobbed on the course (eery feeling) and we didn't have to fight for food at the finish line.

My friend Phonenix was running her first 10K and found us at the start line, where I cut in line with her at the porta-potty. Friends rock! P.S. she did AWESOME finishing in 1:02.




My Garmen wasn't working at the start line but Dawny tracked our time at 1:47. That is probably my fastest time yet! We had a lot of fun chatting and people watching (or shoe watching as Dawny really enjoys) along our course. I am so happy these ladies came out to walk with me yesterday. What wonderful friends.

















After our race we headed home to change and then I took Dawny to Aspen Leaf for $4 all-you-can-fill yogurt. Sadly it was not up to par and our Boise froyo experience wasn't the greatest.  I also introduced Dawny to SouperSalad.




Later in the evening we had plans to meet up with my family to celebrate both my Dad and Emma's birthdays. We never had a great opportunity to celebrate last week so pizza and cake were enjoyed by all on Saturday.










I am so happy I have amazing friends and family.

No comments: