10/17/20

Lentil Sloppy Joes With Easy Prep

 After our WW Virtual Workshop on eating more plant based foods, Coach Cindi kept plugging the Trader Joes cooked lentils, which I’ve seen in the produce section.  I decided to pick some up and give it a whirl.  I also picked up the Mirepoix to make my life easier with meal prep this week.  It is $2.99 for cut up celery, carrots, and onions.  I’ll take the convince over the price any day.



I have loved the Rachel Ray Sloppy Joe Recipe and have always modified with with less brown sugar and/or brown sugar Splenda.  I have made it with ground turkey breast and with lentils.  After Coach Cindie suggested using the lentils from Trader Joes, that eliminated the step of having to cook them.  I threw together some Lentil Sloppy Joes, adding a few more ingredients than the original recipe.







I am planning to serve my Sloppy Joes over steam n’mash potatoes.  It was a very easy meal and on the Purple Plan, it is a whopping 1 point!  Even better.




No comments: