10/14/20

Weekly WI: It Feels Good To Be Back

 My local WW Studio opened it’s doors for just weigh-in again back in June.  This week, they opened up two meeting with limited attendance, 18 total chairs.  It was fantastic!  It feels wonderful to be back.


I went to the Tuesday PM meeting where there was only six total in attendance.  A few others came for weigh-in but did not stay for the meeting.  I told the Coach, Susan, that I will support WW anyway I can in getting more doors open so if there is spot, I’ll sit.  If there is somebody else that needs the spot, that is okay too.  I am just excited they are open again.


The new policy with weigh-in at the Studio is to wear shoes.  I was having a debate on whether or not I should wear my lightest pair of dollar store flip flop or wear tennis shoes, which will mean I weight more this first time.  I went to Connect and FB for advise and got some really great answers…all pointed to just wear the tennis shoes.  The other potential problem was that I decided to step on the scale at home when I woke up, naked with no food or fluids, to see where I was from last week.  While I don’t plan to do this every week, I wanted to try out the different shoes.  I was a bit bummed to see that I had gained over 2 pounds last week.  This meant I would not only be weighing more in the Studio with clothes and tennis shoes, but I would also be weighting more because of my gain last week.  Ooof!  I talked it over with my WW Virtual Workshop group who made me realize it is just a number and I needed to face the scale no matter what.


Here is what the numbers on my home scale revealed:

Last Week At Home Weigh-In: 202.6

This Week At Home Weigh-In: 205.4 (+2.8)

At Home With Clothes & Flip Flops: 207.2 (+1.8 more)

At Home With Clothes & Tennis Shoes: 208.4 (+1.2 more)


As you can see, clothes and shoes add up when it comes to extra pounds.  Now, I don’t have a choice on wearing clothes to my WW Workshop (thank goodness) but after thinking on it more, I knew I would just wear my tennis shoes and leave the flip flops at home.  With winter coming, I’d rather not be wearing flip flops and if they relax the policy again, I just go back to slipping off my tennis shoes.  No big deal.


When I stepped on the scale at the WW Studio for my “official” WW Weigh-In since March 14, 2020 my weight was 206.8…


…drum roll…


My weight yesterday was 207.2.  


I had a gain of ONLY 0.4 pounds from when I last stepped on the scale inside the WW Studio.  That is fantastic!


Now, when you look at the gain from last week to this week on my home scale plus clothes and shoes, it was a doozie of a gain.




I am bummed that I am back out of the 100-pound-loss-club and that I am further from being back under 200 pounds.  However, in a weird way this has given me a new energy to see that number go down and this time, I get to celebrate those milestones again with my in-person Workshop WW Peeps.  I will get there.  It might take me forever but I will get there.


If you are fearing the scale and need a fresh start, now is the time.  Get on the scale and chose to look at it as a starting point from NOW forward.  We can’t go back and change what we did.  We can only move forward from here.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Congratulations on maintaining during COVID that is incredible! You should be very proud of yourself.