10/12/20

The In-Between

I seem to have settled into this comfortable zone.  It is what I like to call the “in-between.”



I remember this place and I’ve been here before.  The difference is when I was here about six years ago, I was convincing myself it was an okay place to be.  Being here again, it takes little convincing.  The opposite is the truth…I am trying to convince myself to find that drive to keep going.


Weighing 200 pounds is not where I want to settle.  My journey is not done.  While I have been hanging out close to 200, and toying with seeing 100s a few times this year, I have developed this new comfort and appreciation for myself and my WW journey.  If I was ready to maintain where I am at now, I think I’d be fairly prepared.  Of course you all know it only takes a couple vacations to see that scale number spike.


However, right now, I just feel sort of content.  I feel good in my clothes and think I look good too.  I feel good with my food plan and activity isn’t a struggle.  I guess I just feel good in life in general (generally speaking as I am still struggling a bit with my supervisory role a work).  This calm feeling right now makes it hard to find the energy to work at moving the scale closer to 190.  I am not ready to settle.  I don’t want to be in the 200s for the rest of my life.  


It just feels exhausting sometimes.  


I guess I’ll sit here with my cup of coffee as I watch the leaves change and my most favorite season arrive.  My 41st birthday is in 13 days.  I think what they say is true about caring less as you age.  This new type of maturity looks good on me.

No comments: