10/19/20

The Time I Almost Lost 140 Pounds

 My 41st birthday is less than a week away.  This week 11 years ago, I was getting ready to celebrate my 30th Birthday.  I had my last “official weigh-in” at my WW Center the day before my birthday.  





After I had met my doctor’s goal weight of 175, I continued to lose in hopes that I might inch closer to WW’s top goal range of 155 before I turned 30.  The closest I made it to was 165.






I was just shy of hitting the 140 pound mark.  While at that time I was a tiny bummer, the impact this journey had on my life back then, as well as today, is amazing.  







If you aren’t familiar with the journey over the last 11 years, the cliff notes version is:


  • I eventually hit the 140 pound milestone
  • I maintained pretty easily for five more years
  • I regained 80 pounds
  • I’ve lost 50 of those 80 re-gain pounds
  • I’ve been lucky enough to dip into Onederland three times again


On the cusp of my 41st Birthday, I cannot be more proud of my journey over the last 13 years since I made the decision to join WW.  The highs will always out number the lows.  Bottom Line: I am no longer 304.8 pound Lindsay.





No comments: