11/14/20

Four Week Later, In-Person Workshops Shut Down

 Our Governor rolled Idaho back to “Stage 2 with Modifications” yesterday and shortly there after, I received the text message from my local WW Studio that our beloved in-person Workshops are closing again…just four weeks after they re-opened.


Dang it!


The biggest hurdle in rolling back to Phase 2 is the restrictions of 10 or less in small gatherings.  Our Studio was able to hold 18 for a Workshop and we’ve had 12 pretty consistently the last few weeks.  So, I knew this would be impacted.  I will support WW anyway I can and I know it is all for everybody’s safety.


The news is still hard to process.


I attended a Friday Virtual Workshop where a member shared the struggles since the COVID shutdown in March.  I couldn’t help be sympathize with her as lately, I’ve been feeling a little depressed about it all again.  I think it is the pending holidays and the cancellation of seeing my extended family that has me bummed out.  I don’t think I fully realized it until I was watching the Station 19/Grey’s Anatomy crossover event on Thursday.  In the Station 19 premiere, there is a scene where the fire truck is returning to the station and several community members are out by the street cheering them, showing support on signs, and waving.  It made me tear up a little bit.


It also makes me think: 


“How did we get here?” 

“When will it end?”  


Television is a bit depressing these days as well.  While I was really looking forward to the start-up of the next season of shows, I am sad that the pandemic is also making front page of every show I watch.  Sure, I know life can’t just magically look normal on TV but sometimes, can’t we just pretend?  I have found that I gravitate to the Hallmark and Lifetime holiday movies a lot just so I can feel good, happy, and normal again.  Or at least think maybe some form of normal is coming at some point.


Some days it is tough.  Some days it is hard to keep moving forward.  I just wish I knew there was an actual end date and something to cling to for hope.  Most days, there isn’t.




We are in for a very long Winter and I just hope that come Spring, things look a little brighter.

No comments: