11/6/20

The Day I Couldn't Get Stop Eating

Good Morning and Happy Friday.  I only have a two-day work week as I’ll be taking next week of work.  Yippie!  I am having a staycation vs. going out of town and it will be nice to relax and destress a bit.


Yesterday was a food day.  I felt like I could not get satisfied all day and then spent the second half campaigning with myself as to why I didn’t need to go completely off the rails and why I should keep on tracking.


Breakfast yesterday included a new muffin recipe that was shared on Connect.  It is the One Point Blueberry Muffins from The Pound Dropper.  Instead of blueberry, we made lemon poppyseed, which is Kenyon’s favorite.  I also used a different pancake mix that Kodiak, as Kenyon has to watch his blood sugars.  This variety is higher in points but I also like the taste better.



The muffins were delicious and spot-on for a muffin texture.  I’m going to experiment with apple cinnamon muffins next week.


I had one muffin along with an omelet that I use Tostinos Queso Blanco and fat free mozzarella.  I also had an apple and some coffee with sugar-free creamer.




I met my coworkers for a team building/morale booster at the Amazing Escape escape room.  It was so much fun.  Sadly, we did not escape in time and have a plan or the next visit.  It was a Titanic themed room where we were in separate cabins and eventually led to the hallway.  It was a really neat experience.




Afterwards, we went to The Cheesecake Factory.  I’d been thinking of possibly suggesting this restaurant and had been planning on using most of my daily points plus my weekly points.  





I ordered the lettuce wrapped Asian Chicken Tacos, my favorite, and had some bread.  I had some regret on the bread once I put it into my tracker.  I should have pre-tracked!  I knew I wanted some cheesecake and would be taking some home to Kenyon.  I ordered the boring plain no-sugar-added cheesecake since Kenyon doesn’t do really well with sugar.  I ate the strawberries along with my four bites and based on what the WW app said, I went for 5 points for my portion plus some whip cream.  It was a bit underwhelming as I was really craving a chocolate flavored cheesecake.


I think this is what started to be my downfall for the evening.  I was feeling underwhelmed from lunch and while I consumed a lot of points, there was only three small pieces of chicken total on my lettuce wraps.  I spent the rest of the late afternoon craving all sorts of high point/high calorie foods and the debate of ordering pizza in started to creep up.


I had some popcorn still was wanting to eat my arm off.  I made some turkey noodle soup, which was not hitting the spot.  We decided to go out to dinner and so we didn’t go completely crazy, we picked Outback Steakhouse.  With Kenyon wanted to control his food intake, that helped me want to as well.




I was surprised to see the steak was less points than the chicken in the WW app.  Of course, I would have had the BBQ sauce on the side.  I wasn’t quite in a chicken mood so I went for the steak, mashed potatoes, and a Caesar salad with dressing on the side.  The bread was underwhelming so while I tracked half a loaf, I didn’t eat half a loaf.


I thought I might have some alcohol last night and the weird mood I was in meant all signs pointed to yes.  Instead, after our dinner, I was craving a decaf americano with egg nog from Dutch Bros so we stopped and got me a nightcap coffee instead.  It hit the spot!





Of course, I was still craving…something…and still feeing hungry.  A few hours later, I made some oatmeal with a cut up apple, peanut butter, and honey.


Finally it was bedtime and I thought I best to go to bed before I consumed even more points!  Oy.  





Thank goodness for a new day.



No comments: