11/15/20

Stay-Cation Has Come To An End

Stay-cation has come to an end and I am ready to get back on track.  I tried to balance food indulgences this week so I didn’t have a huge gain.  We had several meals out but also talked ourselves into making meals at home too.  This has not been a week of blue dots.  I pre-tracked Sunday and Monday and I plan to get a blue dot from here until next Tuesday.



Being out of my usual routine is difficult.  I am so used to eating a higher-point foods and more often on days off vs. workdays.  When I am at work, my meals are prepared, often low point, and tracked.  I also rely on leftovers to keep me on track during my work week.  Also, my work week falls right before my weekly weigh-in so there is less of a chance of over indulging before I have to face the scale.


When I took this week off, originally we were going to Hawaii as part of a promotional travel from our timeshare purchase April 2019.  With travel restrictions at Kenyon’s work, we had to cancel our trip so we could get our deposit refunded.  We were not able to visit my in-laws in October which left this week in November for a possible trip to New Mexico.  That didn’t work out either.  We have back-up dates to the back-up date now set for December.  2020 has been a real pain in the ass!


Once this week started to get closer, I knew I needed time off from work.  It has been a rough year.  I needed a break from adulthood, being in charge, and being in the spotlight four days a week.  It is about to get really busy with four trainees all in training at the same time along with my first year as a supervisor going into evaluation season.  I feel so behind already and we haven’t even reached true “crunch time.”


I won’t say this week has been 100% relaxing because I can never rally unplug from work now that I am a supervisor.  But, as the week progressed, I was able to at least de-stress a bit.  I enjoyed lots of yummy food and a few adult beverages.  I am ready to get back on track and keep working towards slaying my goals.


Every time I get close to reaching Onederland, this mental block sets me back again.  I so badly want to see that 1 in front of the scale number and keep working towards reaching goal once again.  

No comments: