11/30/20

New Cocktail Alert - Peppermint Cranberry Moscow Mule

Phoenix found a new peppermint vodka and an amazing recipe we were also excited to try.  I’ll admit, I don’t think I’d ever thought of trying Peppermint Twist Vodka in anything other than some hot chocolate.


The original recipe was from Parade magazine Celebrate Candy Cane Day With A Peppermint Cranberry Moscow Mule.  


I wanted to make this drink at our Thanksgiving dinner which meant I need to swing by the liquor store.  I picked up some Diet Cranberry, with only one gram of sugar in a bottle and I also already had some sugar-free ginger beer mixer on hand.  




A low-point festive cocktail was adopted.


1.5 oz Smirnoff Peppermint Twist

2 oz cranberry juice

6 oz ginger beer


Until I get a cocktail shaker, I mixed the peppermint twist and cranberry in the glass first and then poured over the ginger beer until the glass was full.  It was amazing!  You first get the taste of peppermint and then you get the sweetness of the ginger beer on the back in.  Of course, my sugar-free ginger beer wasn’t quite as delicious at regular ginger beer, but this way, I don’t have to count point for anything but the vodka.


My drink is just 3 points.  


After trying out a drink at home a few nights ago, I was craving more.  I didn’t need to spend the points nor did I need to get really drunk at home…although temping!  I decided to have a mocktail with the rest of the cranberry and ginger beer.  It still hit the spot!


I also found this Ruby Red Grapefruit also made my Ocean Spray and just 1 gram of sugar in 8 ounces.  I love the cranberry varieties and this grapefruit is just as delicious.  I got some diet ginger ale to try another cocktail recipe with spiced rum.




This the season! 

No comments: