1/29/21

An Assortment Of Meals

 I’ve been changing it up with my meals this week.  I need a better variety once I start the work week too.  In the meantime, some meals out have at least spiced things up.


I met a local WW friend at Das Alphenhaus Deli.  I’ve been wanting to try for a while.  I had my sight set on the schnitzel sandwich served an a homemade pretzel roll, which did not disappoint.




I had already pre-planned eating half and looked up the points ahead of time.  Nothing like starting your day with eating your whole daily point allowance with a half sandwich.  I will need to plan a return visit so I can try some of the many German beers they have on tap.  The only thing they didn’t have was German potato salad.


Cafe Ole has $5 happy hour appetizers, which I turned into my meal.  I had the chicken street tacos and a side of black beans.  It was $7.95 and made the perfect size meal.  Plus the abundance of tortilla chips helps you get full fast.




My coworker told me about this new low point beer on the market.  When we were in Vegas, I picked some up at the Walmart and eventually a few made it home with us.  It hit the spot when I was craving beer and is only 3 points per can.




I had pizza home along with my beer.  I bought some prepared pizza dough, which is more points than making two ingredient dough.  I couldn’t get it to roll out very big but I did enjoy every bite.  This pizza had Alfredo sauce for the base, black forest ham, pineapple, and fat free mozzarella.  




I made bagels with the left over dough…or attempted to.  My bagels never look like bagels.


After seeing a recipe on Facebook by Skinnytaste, I put it into the WW app and decided to give it a go.  This Ruben Stuffed Pork Tenderloin was amazing.  It was a little time consuming but really, really good.  My only complaint is that I wanted another serving but at 5 points per serving, I didn’t want to spend that many points to have more.  I will be making this again.




No comments: