1/8/21

The Week Following Vacation

I am having a really great week and am anxiously waiting my Tuesday weigh-in.  I am on a 12-day streak for closing all three of my Apple Watch Activity circles and earned my special award for January.


Part of me wants a rest day and the other part of me wants to keep the streak going.  I have not had a perfect month in a long time so it might be good to shoot for that.  I don’t like feeling exhausted all the time which is why I like rest days too.


My food is on track this week following our New Mexico vacation.  I am actually headed to Las Vegas for a few days on Tuesday so this week of on-track is sandwiched between two weeks of being off-track.  I really want a loss this week so I am not seeing a third gain and then a fourth gain when I get home from a mini-getaway.


I’ve earned blue dots each day except Thursday.  This included celebrating Grandpa’s 91st Birthday on Wednesday.




My Mom made the WW Classic Lasagna, which is a large portion for 7 points.  I pre-tracked and stayed on track even when my Aunt Gerri brought a delicious oat cake.  I had a bit of Kenyon’s piece and stuck to my plan so I could earn my blue dot.  I have a couple piece tucked in the freezer for another day I am ready to spend the points.  It is a really good cake.


Thursday I had pre-tracked 1/2 cup of ice cream as I was meeting Phoenix and her kids at Reed’s Dairy.  Kenyon came along and since we don’t always like the same ice cream flavors, I decided to go along with his Blueberry Cheesecake choice and we got the small cup to share.  I ended up only eating a couple of bites thus tracking less and having more points for our dinner out.  The egg nog ice cream was my choice but this way, I saved 6 points in letting him pick the flavor.  Win:Win


We thought we might hit up Twin Peaks for their Thursday cheeseburger promo.  You get a cheeseburger, fries, and a 22 oz beer for $10, basically meaning the beer was free.  Now, it was also happy hour so the mozzarella cheese bites were also going to be consumed as they are THE BEST.  They also have the best blonde beer which is their own signature beer.  Despite some back and forth on if we should go and/or I wanted to have such a high point day…we decided what the heck.




Oh yum…it was delicious!  And was also a 40 point evening.  DOH.  I practically wiped out my weekly points and since I am already did my meal prep for the work week, I should easily be able to roll some points back over and earn those blue dots.




That was another thing I did this week to set myself up for success.  I prepared meal ideas ahead of time so if I was hungry, I had low point foods to off-set the high point meals.  It also gave me a back-up plan if we decided not to eat out and knew if we just came home, I had food ready to go.  I am now all set up for my four days of work.

No comments: