1/4/21

January Focus On Activity

It has been a good week for Activity.  And, I plan to keep the momentum going.  At the end of December, my Apple Watch alerted me to a special award if I close all three rings, Movement, Exercise, and Stand, each day for seven days in a row.  I assumed it started the day after I received the alert, which also happened to be when we were headed to New Mexico for vacation.


It required an extra commitment to be mindful of my activity the on vacation including intentionally getting in some planned exercise.  Yesterday was the seventh day but I have yet to earn the award.  I think maybe it is seven days in a row in the month of January?  In that case, I’ll be continuing with this goal until I earn that special award.




In the meantime, I was able to earn so many award for my commitment last week.  Boy does that feel awesome.




My January goal is all about exercise totals.  I need to try and earn at least 31 minutes of exercise a day.  That is tough because it leaves little room for rest days, which are also important.  However, having a goal to focus on helps me stay connected my health journey and my weight loss goals.




I have been going back and forth on if I should get on the scale tomorrow.  I think I will.  I fear it might be rough, but it is necessary.  Typically I show a gain the first week of January and then by February and March, I am able to bring my weight back down.  I need to have faith in myself that I will stay committed to where I want to me.  


On that note, I had better get off the couch and get in some exercise.  

No comments: