1/23/21

Confessions Part VIII

I gave in to stress eating a work last night.

 

Having just finished my first year as a supervisor, I delivered my final evaluation to an employee that was not received well.  I hate situations like this because I don’t know how to react when how I think things will go doesn’t actually happen that way.  Afterwards, I had a conversation with another supervisor who asked where we were going to for dinner.  I had my meals packed and tracked but was flexible. 

 

She mentioned Texas Roadhouse.  Oh boy have I been craving it.  I asked around the room and two others were planning to order takeout with us.  “Let’s do it.  Tonight, I’m eating my stress.”

 

Now, Texas Roadhouse really is a “safe” place to eat my stress.  I order similar low point food options.  Tonight’s feast on the Purple Plan was:

BBQ chicken with the BBQ sauce on the side – 2 points

Green beans – 2 points

Mashed potatoes with no gravy – 3 points (It is actually 5 points but since I don’t get gravy, I count is as 3 points)

 


While I may have acknowledged that I was eating my stress, the NSV (Non-Scale Victory) is that I had no rolls/butter.  Later in the shift, my coworker came around asking for Crumbl Cookie orders.  I politely declined saying, “I already ate my stress in Texas Roadhouse.  I can’t do a cookie.  Thank you.”

 

You see, while I was stressed and feeling a bit deflated, if I had eaten with reckless abandon, I would have felt miserable.  Instead, I made a conscious decision to re-adjust my points, have a delicious meal out that satisfied my taste buds, and have my meals all prepped and tracked for tomorrow’s workday.

 

I’m feeling pretty empowered over here.  The rest shall pass.

No comments: