1/16/21

January Travel

Travel is still 100% the top thing I’ve really been missing since COVID-19 reared its ugly head changing everything last March.  While I have still been able to travel, it looks a lot differently since living amongst a Global Pandemic.

 

Seven years ago, we visited Hawaii.  It was a glorious cruise on NCL’s Pride Of America visiting several ports of call along with some days before and after the cruise in Oahu.  I blogged about the travel memory Two Years Ago if you would like to read about it.

 


I may not strike you as your typical Island Girl, however, this was a really great trip.  We almost went back to Hawaii in November on promotional travel which was the plan prior to COVID restrictions that were put in place.  I honestly don’t know if we will ever return to Hawaii.  When I want to think about a relaxing place to de-stress, I picture a house on an island with all the windows open where we can hear the waves and feel the warm breeze.  It is in those moments that I think about Hawaii.

 

Last year we visited Scottsdale, Arizona which was the first trip for me.  Scottsdale in Janurary has the perfect weather and I can absolutely understand why so many retirees “snowbird” therefor the winter.  You can sign me up now and save me a spot!  Scottsdale is a travel destination we will visit again.  Kenyon has a high school friend and his family that live there and my neighbor Trini now owns a second house near there.  I would love to take Phoenix for either a girl’s weekend or a couple’s trip.  There is so much to see and in Scottsdale and the surrounding areas.

Arizona Living

Arizona Vacation – The First Few Days

Arizona Vacation – The Last Few Days

 


I was able to enjoy some sunshine and warm(er) temps in Vegas, although I am sad the day we he to leave it will be was in the 70s.  I really needed this time to recharge my batteries and spend time with Kenyon.  We were last in Vegas in July, which had very noticeable and very sad things missing from our usual visits.  I hope my beloved Vegas will bounce back.  Recap soon.

No comments: