1/9/21

Oh 2021, You Are Just As Fickle As 2020

Oh 2020.  The year that we weren’t sure we would survive.  Of course, this is coming four years after Idaho had the worst Snowmageddon in a 30 year history.  When I look back at my Facebook memories of 2016, I remember thinking there is nothing so miserable I have experienced in my life.  Well, that is until 2020 and a Global Pandemic arrived.


I still feel deep down inside there is something we are supposed to learn from all we have been through this last year.  While I typically look forward to a brand shiny new year, 2021 feels different.  It doesn’t feel like the clean slate we all know and crave with each passing year.  The holdover from 2020, the cancellations that have already taken place in 2021, the unknowns of travel and entertainment this year continues to hang over us as we enter this new year.  On top of that, our country is at odds with each other and that creates a lot of unrest inside of me.


2021 has not been off to a good start.  I have to hold onto hope that something good is coming.  I am not made to dwell on the negative and if I do, then I can’t help but think, “what is the point?”  Why are we trying so hard to live through a Global Pandemic when the aftermath looks pretty darn miserable.  Something good has to have come out of all this.



2020 was the year that I was able to focus on myself and my WW Journey.  With government shutdowns and restriction on travel, it allowed me more time to work on the parts I was struggling with on re-claiming my weight loss goals.  It allowed me slow down.  It allowed me more downtime to rest, rejuvenate, and re-focus.  


I am lucky enough to still have my job and that my job allowed me to continue to have a routine this last year.  Without a routine, I would have been lost.  There were ample opportunities last year where I could have eaten my work stress or given up on my WW program because I was having a tough transition adjusting to my new supervisory role.  Instead, I dug deeper to the core of WW.  The one thing that has been a constant for the last 14 years.  


My WW Virtual Workshops allowed me to stay connected to the program and to my beloved WW friends that I have not seen in person for almost a year.  I am so very thankful for this new platform that rolled out.  I am also very thankful that we are able to have some in-person Studio Workshops as well.  This has also been wonderful and allowed me the luxury to continue to work the program that I know and love.


I’ve been slaying my goals and I will continue to do so in 2021.  Even with so many unknowns moving forward, that only I do have control over is myself, my emotions, my food choices, and my ability to move my body.  The rest…we I have to just trust that somebody else is looking out for us.




No comments: