4/17/15

Ladies Who Lunch & Pretty Toes

I met up with a coworker-of-sorts yesterday for lunch at Corner Bistro. I know this restaurant/bakery isn't new but it is new to our area. We are actually already getting a second location. I love bakeries but often don't go for lunch. I have trouble resisting the delicious looking sweets case they have positioned right in front of you when you order. “I'll have one of EVERYTHING.”



Both Cathy and I got the half sandwich (turkey) and the tomato basil soup. The sandwich was served with chips and a pickle. 




For an extra $1 you could get a cookie. I am a sucker for anything with M&Ms. This cookie was rich so half was the perfect amount. The other half is in the freezer. I think next time I would have prefered my sandwiched grilled like the panini style so I could dip it easier in my soup. They had lots of different kinds of soup. I also had coffee with my meal.

One of those cookies belongs to Cathy

Despite this meal costing $10, which I did feel was a bit high for lunch, it was quite tasty. I definitely want to go back and try other sandwiches and some of their breakfast items. I saw a sign on the window when I was walking in they have a deal for $3.79 for a cup of coffee and a bagel. Yum. They also offer breakfast egg sandwiches on their thin whole grain bread. So I see another trip in my future for sure.

My lunch meet-up was nice. Cathy works graveyard shift in another part of ISP so it is nice to have somebody to do stuff with in the middle of the night on days off. We have plans to meet up again soon at IHOP in the wee hours of the morning.

From lunch I headed to SoPosh to get a spa pedicure. We are going to New Mexico tomorrow for vacation and I sometimes will get a gel pedicure when I plan to wear sandals. It works great when you are on a cruise and don't want to mess with paint chipping. Well it is expected to be 80 degrees in NM so pretty toes were a must.





Tonight we are having "Hawaiian Day" for National Telecommunications Week. I suspect I'll be the only one dressed up but I am super excited for it. I am also bringing Hawaiian pulled pork and pineapple coleslaw for my coworkers. We will also cook up some Jasmine rice. Mmmmm....is it is dinner time yet?

No comments: