4/12/15

The Return Of The Cinnamon Bread

I was pretty sure this was a bad idea; however I picked up the free loaf anyway.  I also had a slice of the bread from their sample cutting board when I was in there.  I decided if I was going to have anymore bread it needed to be along with my breakfast meal.  For a few days that bread sat there on the counter and taunted me.
Friday I didn’t have time to make breakfast at home due to my nail appointment and Ladies Happy Hour afterwards.  Saturday was the first opportunity to enjoy a slice of this delicious cinnamon/sugar bread.  I toasted a large thick slice and spread some butter on it.  I ate my toast alongside scrambled eggs and two slices of Kirkland cooked bacon.  It was heavenly.
 





I really WANTED another slice but knew I didn’t NEED another slice.  So I planned to have another slice along with breakfast on Sunday.
 
When I got home from work this morning Kenyon told me he owed me some cinnamon bread.  He had eaten half the loaf.  I told him there was no need to replace it and he actually helped me in that there was less to eat.  That is teamwork!
 

I had the same breakfast as yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed another large thick slice of bread with a little butter.  I again wanted more but resisted.  It is hard to rationalize having more just because I want it.  Sometimes we don’t always get what we want.


I was just offered a frosty from Wendy’s as my supervisor is making a food run there.  I declined.  I really need to say no to myself more.

1 comment:

Dawny said...

GREAT resolve.. im glad you are able to enjoy your cinnamon bread and staying strong and true to one slice =-) that's what makes you my SHE-ro..

wahoooo yay for good husbands.. DOH! at least there's that right?

nice job passing up the frosty.. woohoo.. successful choices like that always leave me feeling proud and empowered. way to go