4/9/15

What Day Is It?

When I work graveyard shift it is easy to get my days turned around and I often have no idea what actual day it is. If you have never worked shift work, it can be really weird being awake when most of the world is asleep. Obviously not all of the world is asleep or I wouldn't have a job to do.

Tuesday I had a training at 8am. I usually get off work a 6am so obviously this was going to be difficult. I was able to leave work early Monday night/Tuesday morning so I got home a little after 2am. It was a quick few hours sleep and then I was awake again and among the day walkers. The rest of Tuesday was really low key.

Wednesday I woke up at 11:30am so I could attend my noon WW meeting. I'll write more on that tomorrow. Not today tomorrow but tomorrow tomorrow. Those on night shift know what I'm talking about.

I just got home from seeing Furious 7. I love the Fast & Furious franchise but since Fast 5, my favorite of the movies, it has sort of lost my interest. Obvioulsy with this movie being Paul Walker's last, I suspect the franchise will no longer exist. It does feel like it is time. While I didn't have high hopes for the movie, the tribute to Paul Walker at the end is very touching. I will end up bying this movie to complete my collection but I'll wait until the price drops. It isn't one I'll watch that often.



For once the WW Gods were actually on my side. The whole drive to the movie theater I was on the fence on getting movie popcorn. When I handed over my Regal rewards card she told me I had earned a free small popcorn. Obviously this was my sign I was supposed to have some popcorn. I'm not sure the WW Gods felt I should upside to a medium popcorn but hey, you can't win them all.

I hit up our 24-hour Dutch Bros on my way home. I'll tell ya, there isn't much to look forward to staying up all night but Dutch Bros is one of them. I love that we have two 24-hour coffee stops open all night in the Treasure Valley.



Now that I am back at home I am feeling nostalgic and will watch the first of the Fast & Furious movies. It is really interesting that I feel the men have aged better than the women over the last 10 years. Don't get me wrong, the two female lead characters are beautiful. They just don't look as grown up as the male lead characters.


Good night or good morning depending on when you are reading this.

No comments: