4/1/15

WW, Pizza, Red Robin, & Friends

Hello. Sorry I didn't check in yesteray. I didn't feel like I had much to report.

I went to check out the other Wednesday noon meeting, this one near my house, and to my pleasant surprise I found my WW leader Donna was the receptionist at this meeting. Fun. She was shocked to see me as it had been a while. We had a nice talk after. I also really liked the leader so I suspect this is where I'll settle for a while. It was a large group and it was good to see a few men amongst the women. I had a loss this week so that was even better!

I've been craving pizza and planned to indulge a little at the pizza buffet. I ended up talking with Donna too long so I almost convinced myself to just go home and make an omelet. I really wanted pizza though. I headed towards Flying Pie Pizza to see if there was still a few slices on the buffet and have some salad bar along with it. While I was driving I spotted Chicago Connection and realied I've not been there in forever. I stopped in for a one topping pizza and salad bar.



There was a sign on the salad bar saying you must get a new plate. I waited forever for the gal to come check on me to I just used my dirty plate for another trip through. As I had just filled up she informed me it was a single trip salad bar and she would have to charge me extra. Gez! If you only make it one trip trough you really should provide larger plates. My salad plate was the size of a dessert plate. That is not enough veggies to off set pizza eating. Sure enough, I had an extra $1 charge. Won't be going there again.  I took half my little pizza home to Kenyon.

My friend from high school Maria is getting shipped overseas with the military for six months and had a going away party at Red Robin. It was great to see her and eat yummy food.

It was a high PPV day for sure!

1 comment:

Dawny said...

what a bummer of an experience.. but im glad you made the best of it =-)

living and learning is what we do. eh?