4/13/15

National Telecommunications Week





Happy National Telecommunications Week!!!!




The second week in April is National Telecommunications Week.  This is the week where we celebrates those that dispatch for police, fire, and EMS to show appreciate for all the hard work that takes place behind the scenes. 

 
Being a dispatcher is often at thankless job but we still believe in what we do and we do it to the best of our ability.  If you know somebody that dispatches for emergency services tell them Thank You.
We are having some themed days at work this week and Monday is Sports Team Day.  We are allowed to dress down if we show spirit for our favorite sports team.  I went a slightly different route on this particular themed day.
 
 

Last week I ordered a hockey jersey from a T-shirt shop on Esty.  My cousin Justin had a Bombay (Gordon Bombay) jersey he was sporting at a local hockey jersey.  I knew immediately this was from one of my very favorite movies, The Mighty Ducks.  I asked Justin where he got the jersey and he said I had to pick somebody other than Bombay.  Well, that is an easy choice as my favorite character is Charlie Conway.
 

I am so excited the jersey came in time for Sports Team Day and I could show my support for the Ducks!

No comments: