4/11/15

This And That


Yesterday was National Sibling Day.  I don’t have many photos of my siblings and didn’t have time to scan any of our younger photos in.  I’ll have to do that sometime soon.  Here is a photo from my 30th birthday, almost six years ago.  We have had our ups and downs but I love each of my siblings and am happy they are in my life.


Thursday I met Rebecca downtown for lunch at Costa Vida.  Every tip downtown has to include coffee at Flying M.





Since I was downtown I also did my weekly grocery shopping at Trader Joe’s.  There wasn’t really anything I didn’t get there that I would have gotten at Walmart.  It is really a good priced store.  I spent $30 and that included a bag of apples and a bag of oranges each for $2.99.  If I had gone to Walmart I wouldn’t have gotten a whole bag of apples but thought the produce looked good and was a good price.





Friday I had a nail appointment before a meet-up with some friends for Ladies Happy Hour.  For years I would change my hair color frequently and buy new purses and shoes all the time.  Now I have a reason to change something every two weeks.  I’ve really liked having my nails done and consider it money well spent.



I didn’t get to engage in wine at happy hour due to having to go to work.  I was quite sad and the wine looked really good.  We went to Crush Wine Bar in Eagle and I’ll definitely be back.  I wasn’t sure what to expect when it was suggested as our meet-up spot but I am so happy we went.  The wines are a decent price, they have appetizer plates, and they also have some daily chef specials.  Had I know New England Clam Chowder and Boston Baked Beans were the special I would have waited to eat there.  It sounded delicious.  It just so happened we were there during a Red Sox vs. Yankees baseball game so it was a themed night for sure.  I indulged in some cupcakes.  They were mighty tasty.



I have a busy work week this week and I’m working five days in a row.  A week from today we head to New Mexico for a visit/vacation so I am super excited for this week to go fast!

No comments: