9/10/15

Activity Goal Met

I had a great week for activity last week. Having the goal set by my Apple Watch of 550 active calories meant I had to exercise longer than 30 minutes. Most days I reached 10,000 steps. I took photos of my summary that came on my watch Monday.







Pretty impressive when you see the weekly totals. If I had kept my food in check I might have had a loss. Partway through my week my tracking became lax and my indulgences became plentiful. Needless to say, I gained over two pounds. I've got my work cut out for me this week. I MUST CLEAN IT UP!

I caught a ride to SouperSalad when Kenyon headed to work and then I walked home. During my walk I was thinking about how much my life has changed since starting Weight Watchers and reflecting on my successes. We live within reasonable walking distance to several restaurants and to The Village in Meridian. Each of these locations are a four mile roundtrip walk and I don't even think twice about walking vs. driving. It is the best of both worlds in that I'm getting in my activity/calorie burn and also my indulgences. There are times that wish we lived close so it was just two miles roundtrip. However, it makes me feel good that on any given day I can go for a four mile walk and not even think twice about it.

Other ways that activity has been a large part of my life since joining WW is at my new job. I work in a three story building and the dispatch center is on the third floor. I don't think twice about taking the stairs vs. the elevator. In the last six weeks I have only taken the elevator a handful of times and each of those times have been because I am with somebody that wants to take the elevator. Every little bit of movement adds up and I like knowing I am able to take the stairs.

I work very close to Flying M Coffee and it is only about six blocks away. I find it silly to drive down three floors of the parking garage and six blocks to get coffee when I walk walk to/from in about 20 minutes. Many times I have walked to get coffee. I recently purchased a Flying M hydroflask that is 18 oz vs. the 24 oz hydroflask I already own from Dutch Bros. This helps to keep my coffee piping hot until I get back to work.



It makes me feel good to walk. I have two working feet and an able body so I might as well use it. Just a few more reasons weight loss = success.

No comments: