9/7/15

I Love Fall

I love fall. It is my most favorite time of year. I love the drop in temps, the crisp morning, leaves changing colors and falling to the ground, Halloween, jeans and sweaters, and of course, my birthday. Fall is a wonderful time of year.

I always get out my favorite Scentsy warmer on Septebmer 1st so I can enjoy it all the way to December 1st.



I am also super excited that Starbucks has Pumpkin Spice back.



I never joined the PSL craze but last year decided to try two pumps of pumpkin spice in my usual Americano and really loved the taste. I actually had my first taste Saturday on my way to work. It was just as delicious as I remember it being last year. I see my coffee consumption/$$$ going up in the near future.



This year my love for fall has a bit of a dark cloud over it. I have been stressing/worrying about my jeans not fitting. I went through this same stress during the summer months when I didn't have any shorts that fit. After losing my weight I always prided myself on not having to worry if my clothes would fit from season to season. In my current state of re-gain I'm struggling in the clothes department. I hit up a few stores and found some jeans in a bigger size that help to camouflage my muffin top. I have found that when I am not squeezed into my tight clothes I feel better about myself and that confidence radiates outward. Our temps dropped over the weekend so I pulled out my new jeans and dressed up a bit.



I felt really sexy and confident in my new jeans. Yes, they are a bigger size than they have been in a while. However, the size of the jeans isn't what matters. What matters to me is how I feel. I want to be confident and I want that confidence to show. Life is to short to always be picking yourself apart or putting yourself down. Even those my new jeans were a bit more expensive then I usually spend on jeans, I've order a couple more pairs online. I felt really good in my new jeans.

I can now enjoy fall again!!! I am actually waiting for Old Navy to bring their performance fleece back into the stores as I also need a larger size top. My old fleece jackets that I wear all the time don't zip anymore. I've stopped blaming the jacket and come to terms that I am the reason they don't sip anymore!

2 comments:

Dawny said...

I love your reality Lindsay. Your so real and just amazing.

Tracy said...

Hey Lindsay, thanks for this post. I'm going through the the exact same thing - and will need to get bigger jeans soon. Your comment about feeling better when your clothes fit is right on the money, I really needed to hear that!
I think you look great, by the way. Keep on smiling!