1/27/16

What I Ate Yesterday: Tuesday


I did pretty good remembering to take photos of my food yesterday up until the end of my day.  Here are some of my eats.

Breakfast:

I had an egg sandwich that was larger than my bread!  My friend Jamie got me hooked on Panera’s bread so I stopped by and picked up a whole grain loaf to try.  I had it sliced thin so by the time I loaded up my eggs, ham, and pepper jack cheese, it was too big for the size of the bread.  It was still tasty though.
 

I had a grapefruit the side and some Dark Magic iced coffee with SF hazelnut creamer.  This is my new way to eat grapefruit.  I slice it like an orange and put two packets of Stevia on it.  Yum.
 

I also had some Dutch Bros in my refillable hydro flask and later in the day Jamie stopped by work with another Dutch Bros afternoon pick-me-up.
 

Snack:

My first snack of the day was my usual Greek yogurt with frozen strawberries and Grapenuts.  This combo never gets old.
 
 

For an afternoon snack I had a rice cake with peanut butter and honey.  It is much tastier with a full 2 tsp of peanut butter.  (I forgot to snap a photo)

Lunch:

My lunch was similar to last week’s veggie-only salad as I had more veggies that needed to be cut up/used.  I cut up carrots, celery, cucumber, and bell pepper.  I made it a pizza themed salad and added turkey pepperoni, olives, a WW string cheese, and some kidney beans.  I dressed my salad with some light zesty Italian dressing.  I have another container of veggies to eat on this week and am looking forward to another pizza themed salad.
 
 

Dinner:

My lunch and afternoon snack didn’t hold me over really well so I was starving by the time I got home last night.  Kenyon isn’t feeling well so we were planning to take him to Quick Care.  I knew if I wanted until after to eat (it isn’t quick at all when you visit those places) I’d be in serious trouble.  I toasted two slices of Panera sourdough bread and ate that with some butter while I cooked a chicken breast.  The toast was so good I had two more slices.  I was able to eat my chicken dipped in some Chick-fil-A sauce while Kenyon got ready to go to the doctor.  (I forgot to snap a photo).

My dinner wasn’t the most nutritional meal and for the remainder of the night as we were filling prescriptions and getting a few items for Kenyon, I knew I was searching for “something.”  I honestly think I was wanting something sweet but telling myself that I didn’t plan it nor did I need it.  I got some Pringles and after munching on a few of them knew that wasn’t the “something” I wanted.  Kenyon selected two kinds of ice cream at Rosauers since the same was 2 for $5.  I knew on the drive home I wanted some ice cream.

Some ice cream turned into three bowls of unmeasured ice cream.  Good news is the sugar craving is now gone! (I forgot to snap a photo)

Today I am back on track, although I don’t have a solid meal plan for dinner tonight.  I think after feeling successful the last two weeks I am realizing I really should have planned my evening meals better.  None-the-less, I’ll figure out something.  I’m going to also dial back the sweets for today and maybe even tomorrow to off-set my indulgence yesterday.
 
 

No comments: