5/3/16

Grandma D's 84th Birthday


Today would have been my Grandma D’s 84th birthday. 

 




She has only been gone three months but it doesn’t get any easier.  She wasn’t doing well and while you feel relief she is no longer suffering, it is hard to say goodbye.

My parents and my grandpa are going to take flowers out to the cemetery this evening.  Her headstone has been ordered but hasn’t been installed yet.  Hopefully it will be there by Memorial Day.

Grandpa doesn’t really talk about it much but I am sure after almost 60 years of marriage it isn’t easy to suddenly be alone.  Mom and Dad invite him to dinner often so I was able to see him both Saturday and Sunday.  I think he is hanging in there as best as he can.

She will always hold a special place in my heart.  I miss her so much.

No comments: