12/10/16

Some Randomness For Your Saturday Night


I’m trying to get back into the swing of things since returning home from vacation.  I took a ton of photos and I’m working on my other vacation recaps.  I’m back at work and thankfully only working three days this week with three days off next week.  WhoooHooo!  Trying to get my sleep turned back around to the graveyard shift isn’t easy.  We completed our shift bid at work for the 2017 schedule and sadly I am on graveyard shift all year long.  Sigh.  Not my favorite shift but since it was voted among my coworkers not to give me back my seniority once I returned to ISP,  I am now the second from the bottom for picking my shift.  There were only graveyard shifts left when it got to me.  Maybe next year the bid will be better.  We have a lot of promising trainees we just need to get them through our training program.

Speaking of which, I have decided to sign up to be a trainer in dispatch.  It wasn’t something I had ever had a strong desire to do.  When I went to the PSAP 911 Conference in October we got some great ideas for recruitment, training, and retention so I’ve been more energized and positive in thinking of ways to keep people in the door.  We have been short staffed for the last year and have been working on average 40 overtime hours each month.  I will go to a week-long training at the end of January so I can learn more about being a trainer.

I went to the grocery store to get some microwave meals for easy meals this week.  I’ve not quite gotten back into the swing of meal planning.  I need to make a plan for my week ahead.  Up until a few days ago I was feeling pretty good about my weekly WI.  I didn’t get back on track right after vacation and I suspect it will have an impact.  I will check in at some point this week since I need to hit up all the meeting required to get my next charm. 

Okay, I think that is about all the randomness I have for you!

No comments: