1/20/18

Baby Watch & Ear Wax

One of our supervisors at work is close to having her little bundle of joy, a baby boy. We are all so excited and we are also on “baby watch.” My team split up her shifts during our days of so we had a plan for coverage if she goes into labor. So far, I've not heard otherwise and I'm planning to just work my 4 hour OT shift this evening. It is so exciting the baby is almost here.

If I don't have to say later at work, I have plan to meet up with Danielle for $2 beers and some girl talk. I love my friend time.

I got up early to make a trip to Quick Care to get some ear discomfort checked out. I was hoping it wasn't an ear infection and it wasn't painful as much as just a difference in pressure. Thankfully, no infection! It was some ear wax that needed to come out. I wear an in-the-ear headset at work and seemed to have been pushing some wax deep into my ear. When the medical assistance came to flush it out, she told me she was underwhelmed at the small amount. Okay?? She said you would be surprised as to how much wax they can get out of person's ear. The doctor did question me if I was hearing well enough. I sure haven't noticed anything and perhaps just adapted. I do think I can hear better now though and thankfully there wasn't an infection deep in the ear canal.

It makes me want to tell anybody that can't hear to go get your ears checked. Ha! I'm glad that is all it was and hopefully when I get the bill, it won't cost a fortune. I am mostly just glad the pressure is gone. It has been bugging me pretty badly the last two days and I even had a bit of a headache last night. Easy fix (and a semi-gross story).

Clearly, I've not to much to blog about if I'm tell you all my ear wax story. I think I'm just mentally spent from this last week at work and unless the baby comes, I've got the next two days off to rest/recover.

Tootles.

No comments: