1/23/18

Weekly WI: A GREAT Loss

After working seven days straight, it was nice to have a day off yesterday. I'm back at it for the work week tonight but hoping somebody else covers the OT this next weekend. Shifts need covered since one of our supervisors had her baby boy and both are doing well. Very exciting!

I had a really great WI on Monday night. I was hopeful for a good size loss after getting weighed at Quick Care in my jeans and tennis shoes. Despite waking up super early and having a lot of hours before WI, I still managed to have a loss of three pounds when I got to my meeting. I know it is silly but it is easy to play scale games and not eat before WI so you can be as light as possible. Well, that wasn't an option with seven hours before my meeting! I hate that my meeting is so late on Monday nights. I ended up going to the one in Nampa at 6pm. I'm not a fan of the leader per se. I'll get back to my Monday night Meridian group next week.

My weight loss over the last month has been stellar and I am down 8.6 pounds. I set a goal to lose 5 pounds a month from January to September so I am well on my way to meeting that goal. I know times will come that I won't have a large loss but for now, it sure is nice. I feel so good in my clothes and with my eating. I haven't even resumed activity and I am having great losses. This new Freestyle program is really great.



The meeting top is “What Is Your Why” which is always nice to talk about. Nobody spoke up so I shared my Why of wanting to seatbelt to buckle. That was what brought me into the local WW center almost 11 years ago and it is still my Why today. I desperately want to be lighter when we go to Europe later this year. The leader pointed out your Why could change as you move along the program. I think my Why did change when I was at goal but as I'm dealing with re-gain, that is still my same focus.

I've got 25 pounds to go to be under 200 pounds. It feels overwhelming but I've just got to keep at it and little by little, I'll get there. The leader I met last night is big on visualizing where you want to be and I can see it. I can see the happy celebration to re-claim my 100 pounds lost from so many years ago. I can see the happy celebration of losing 50 pounds of re-gain. And, I can see the happy celebration when that scale shows a number below 200 pounds. So many amazing things to celebrate and those are just the scale victories. Along the away there are so many non-scale victories to celebrate too.

Things can only get better from here on out. I am worth it!

No comments: