1/15/18

Weekend Check-In

I had a great weekend and thankfully, I still have tonight off work before I have to be responsible again.

Saturday night was our date nite with a small group of friends to the Liquid Laughs comedy club. I got myself prettied up and drug Kenyon along.


We met at Solid Bar & Grill (yes, Liquid and Solid are connected) and due to the very long wait for a table, we sat in the bar for a drink and some appetizers. Kenyon and I had just woke up (the life of graveyard shift) so we weren't expecting to have to wait so long to eat. I'd made a plan ahead of time and sitting at the bar wasn't part of it. Regardless, it gave us extra time to visit. It was a small group of just six of us for dinner and we joined one more at the club after we ate.

I won't go out of my way to visit Solid again. It was just okay as far as the food goes and while the restaurant is large, there are only a few sparse tables. I also heard a regular at the bar say they have a very small waitstaff. We really enjoyed the comedy club. I've not been to Liquid Laughs but back in the day, there was a different comedy club possibly in the same location. I'm not 100% sure. We saw four different comics for our $15 ticket price so I felt we got a good bang for our buck. And, we had some laughs. 


I want to go again in the future with both Pauly Shore and Jay Mohr come to Boise. Tickets, however, are twice the price! I still think it is worth it to see/meet Pauly Shore.

Four of us continued downtown after the show and popped into Brickyard to see the dueling pianos. The good seating was all taken so we headed in search of late night food and ended up at Old Chicago. It was a great night spent with both Kenyon and my friends. I love when Kenyon comes out with us, which doesn't happen often.

Sunday, Phoenix and Kiki came over for dinner as a raincheck from cancelling on Friday. I made chicken enchilada soup and we had some left over light margarita mixed with Fresca. Since they didn't have school/work today for the holiday, Kiki picked The Sandlot as a movie to watch. It was an enjoyable evening.

I'm continuing to work on organizing/decluttering the house and last night I tackled the kitchen pantry. Later tonight, I plan to organize the linen closet and maybe the spare room closet. We need to reduce our luggage now that we are going to start traveling more with just a carry-on.

I've got my WW meeting and WI tonight. I'll check in on results tomorrow. My home scale has me up half a pound. I'm bummed but still focused. My usual for WI day is to eat as little as possible before my meeting but I've been feeling hungry all day yesterday and decided it wasn't worth starving myself today. I might see the scale up more than half a pound now but oh well. Hoping it is just a small tick upwards and then I can get back to the downward trend.

Happy Monday.

No comments: