1/11/18

Ranch Chickpeas In The Air Fryer


I’ve heard good things about baked chickpeas as a crispy snack alternative to chips or crackers.  And, now that beans are part of the new 0 SPV foods, this snack becomes an even better snack options for your points budget.

I wasn’t sure I was 100% sold on baked chickpeas when I tried them several months ago but after finding a recipe for Air Fryer chickpeas with ranch seasoning, I wanted to give it another try.




I followed this recipe from Glue & Glitter and thought they turned out really good.  I reduced the oil to 2 tsp at the first stop and then another 2 tsp at the second step.  So, each serving (I split mine into 2 servings) is 3 SPV.  Not a bad snack for some crunch and some salt. 

I felt they were crispier straight from than fryer then when I ate them a few hours later from a plastic container.  I might struggle with eating the whole batch if they were fresh.

I tried some deep fried chickpeas at a restaurant in Salt Lake City once.  These aren’t as crispy but they are sure tasty.

Enjoy.

No comments: