1/8/18

A Fun And Productive Weekend


It was a fun and productive two days off.  I wasn’t quite ready to get back to work and yet, here I am!

Saturday I had double birthday parties.  The first was my Grandpa’s 88th Birthday, which my aunt hosted dinner at her house.  She served a Chicken Curry Stew with couscous and flatbread with hummus.  It was all really delicious.  It was a small group with just my parents, aunts, uncle, and my brother.  We had a great time.





From there, I picked up Danielle and we drove 45-minutes to the small town of Homeadale so we could party at Tangos Saloon.  I was hoping we could get my parents to come but they declined.  It was Christine’s birthday, somebody I’ve known from work for several years.  We enjoyed ourselves and it was wonderful to chat with her as I don’t see her often.  I also got to catch up with Rhonda, who used to dispatch at ISP but moved to a different office within the department.  Sadly, there was no music/dancing and I had hoped we could mingle more with guests but everybody sort of grouped up with people they knew.  Oh well.  We had fun!

Sunday I had a few friends over to watch the Golden Globes with me.  Danielle, Julie, and Kelsey came over for dinner ahead of time.  We are all working on better eating so we based our dinner around a soup from the website Daily Dose Of Pepper.  It was her Chicken Pot Pie Soup, which was 3 SPV per cup.  It is a bit time consuming as it is made on the stove.  I would think you could do it in the crockpot/instant pot but with the almond milk, I’m not sure.  Plus, it needs time to thicken.  Either way, it was really good (I left out the turmeric as I didn’t have any.  I hear it changes the color yellow).

 


Danielle brought bread to go along with it and Kelsey brought fruit for dessert.  Julie brought an appetizer of salmon dip and sourdough crackers.  We had a really great time visiting during commercials.  None of us have seen any of the movies up for awards so that is our goal before the Academy Awards air in March.

Once I bit farewell to my guests, Kenyon and I got busy with some organizing.  We rearranged our bonus room last weekend and I’ve not had time to go through boxes.  We organized our DVDs and got rid of many we didn’t want any more or already bought a digital copy of.  I was able to rearrange the drawer space under our bed so I could empty out boxes I’d been holding onto of stuff I want to keep but doesn’t have a place (i.e. my diplomas, year books, word certificates, etc.).  It always feels good to organize.  I’ve got one more box to go through, which is the items from my collectable shelves.  I’m still debating what to do with all of that.  My plan is to pick out items I really want to keep and add wall shelves to the spare room.  From there, I can either offer to give it away to people I know or just donate it.  The hard part with collectable is they have meaning for you, but not others.  So, I’m not sure.

I’ve got four days off this coming week (two of those days I’ve got plans) so I’m hoping to continue to organize and de-cutter.  I need to tackle the linen closet and the pantry.

Happy Monday.  WI will be tomorrow.

No comments: