1/5/18

Non-Scale Victories (NSV)


Good Evening.  It’s my FRI-YAY today.  I just have to get through the remainder of my shift.  It is going to be a busy weekend with two birthday parties on Saturday and some friends are coming over on Sunday to watch the Golden Globes.  Let’s get his party started eh?

Today is day five of earning my blue dots and it is also five straight days of blue dots.  WhoooHooo!  I really do love staying on track and seeing those dots add up.  I suspect I can get a sixth dot this week with Sunday.  Now, not every week is doing to be a stellar as this week but I’m not complaining.  I wanted to badly to peek at the scale today but I refrained.  I can’t attend my Monday meeting due to work but I’ll be able to pop into a meeting on Tuesday.

I have some non-scale victories (NSV) to share:

Since not all clothing fits the same, I’ve got two pairs of jeans in the same size and one is a bit snugger than the other.  Since I’ve been back on track and down five pounds, my jeans fit so much better straight out of the wash.  It makes me want to continue to stay on track.

My Apple Watch band has been between holes and lately, I am able to put it on the higher hole and not cut off my circulation!  Again, this makes me want to continue to stay on track.

The one thing I’m really ready to be less tight is my wedding ring.  It never had to be re-sized up any sizes after my re-gain but it can get snug when I am retaining water.  I have been ready for a while for my rings to fit better.  I can tell it is getting there.  Just one more reason to stay on track.

I’m thinking about a plan for Saturday with two parties and various food options.  I know the menu for Grandpa’s birthday dinner so I’ll start researching the points.  The rest is really is just what I plan to spend on alcoholic beverages.  I have 52 weekly points available and I’ll have my whole daily points balance as well since I work graveyard and Grandpa’s birthday dinner will be my first meal of the day.  I don’t want to go crazy and mess up my great week so far.  But, I do have weekly points for reasons such as this and I do plan to enjoy my social outings.

No comments: