1/31/18

Weekly WI: Small Gain And Staying Focused

It was wonderful to see the members at the Monday night WW meeting at the Meridian location. I've missed them all so much (and I think they missed me, or so they say). Compared to the WW meeting that I went to Monday evening in Nampa, which was a snooze-fest, the Meridian location is hopping. It was a really bit meeting and the energy in the room is positive, encouraging, and overall pretty awesome.

My biggest hang up with that meeting is the time and I wish it started an hour early. Kenyon and I have every other Saturday off together as well as every Sunday and Monday. He is taking Calculus 2 at a near by college that meets on Mondays in the afternoon. I told him last week that he needs to make sure he eats something after class and not to worry about me. I prefer to not each much since I've got my WI later that evening. Well, he didn't have a snack and boy was he hangry! I really love the late meeting so hopefully we can get our eating schedules figured out soon.

After the meeting we went to dinner at Red Robin. I'm trying really hard to limit our eating out not only for money savings but also to help the scale. I don't need to be eating out a large meal and risk extra water weight. The good part is that I'm really energized after my meeting so I don't have the tendency to go overboard. I had a gain of 0.2 pounds, which I know is just temporary since the home scale was down a pound earlier in the morning. That really kept me motivated because temporary weight gain become permanent weight gain if In don't stay on track. I looked up points ahead of time on the WW app since Red Robin is in the restaurant section. We both had the Ensenada Chicken Platter, which was really good and very filling. It came with two chicken breasts and a side salad. I asked for mine without cheese and tomatoes (yucky tomatoes) and dressing on the side. I'm not sure if the points included salad dressing but I added two extra points since I dipped some of my chicken in the ranch to cool it down a bit. It was nice to have something other than my usual at Red Robin. And, we had a Christmas gift card so we didn't have to spend any money.

I came home and finished off my S'mores Halo Top ice cream (seriously a delicious flavor) and had a few spoonfuls of the Sea Salt Carmel flavor too. It is nice to have such a low point option for when my sweet tooth hits.


I've got a food plan in place this week and have a social obligation/open house on Saturday, which will have yummy potluck food. I'm not sure yet what my plan is for Saturday. I had a very successful week with earning my blue dots and I'm also doing well collecting them for the month of January. I remember when the month started seeing people setting goals to earn blue dots 25 days and that seemed so crazy. Well, it isn't as crazy as I thought and with the new Freestyle Program, is doable.


No comments: