2/1/18

Mini Meat Loafs





I love making mini meat loafs in a muffin tin or using the metal baking cups.  Clean up is a breeze if you use the cups and you have nice sized individual portioned meals.  I have been making them even more now that ground turkey breast is 0 SPV.  Depending on what you put into your meat loaf recipe, it can easily be a tasty 0 SPV meal, just add frozen peas or corn and/or some canned green beans.

My basic recipe is:

  • Ground turkey breast – 99% fat free variety
  • BBQ sauce
  • Liquid smoke
  • Worchester sauce
  • Ketchup
  • Minced onions
  • Egg

That is it!  The only thing I measure is the BBQ sauce since that has points.  The rest of it, I just eyeball.  Mix it all together and bake it as 375 for about 25-30 minutes checking with a meat thermometer for temperature.  It depends on the BBQ you use but mine came out to 1 SPV for two loafs.



Last week I decided to make a pepperoni pizza version, which turned out pretty tasty.  I split my pound of turkey breast into two and made the above version and this version:

  • Ground turkey breast
  • 30 grams turkey pepperoni
  • 28 grams shredded mozzarella
  • Tomato sauce
  • Egg

Same as above, mix it all together, put it in your muffin tin/cups, and bake at 375 for about 20-30 minutes.  It depends on which version of cheese, turkey pepperoni, and tomato sauce you use but mine came out of 3 SPV for two loafs.




I love low point meals and I’ve been enjoying my meals much more on the WW Freestyle plan.




No comments: